Gluten Free Lasagna Recipe
I have always wanted to make gluten free lasagna. I will admit it was alot of work to make. I’m not the best cook nor the best at multi-tasking. So it took some patience and dedication to make this dish. Certainly made the kitchen a mess : ) But it’s all worth it once you taste it!
I used a gluten free rice lasagna by DeBoles. They turned out really well and tasted delicious! I ended up having two pieces, it was so good : ) DeBoles makes alot of other gluten free products as well.
- 1 Box of DeBoles Lasagna
- 1 pound uncooked beef
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Full Jar of Spaghetti Sauce
- 16 ounces Cottage Cheese (make sure to read ingredients to find one gluten free)
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Teaspoons Oregano
- 2 Teaspoons Basil
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
Directions for Making Lasagna
- Defrost the beef in microwave then brown in skillet.
- After meat has browned drain meat then put back in skillet and add 1 jar of spaghetti sauce and 1/2 cup water.
- Move on the the dry ingredients in a separate mixing bowl and stir together in: Garlic, Black Pepper, Salt, Basil, Oregano, Parmesan Cheese, 1 and 1/2 cups Mozzarella Cheese.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Put down Lasagna shells on the bottom on dish
- Spread some of the beef/sauce you stirred together and put about 1/2 over shells.
- Repeat layer with shells and add beef/sauce. Add mixture from mixing bowel of all cheeses/spices to top.
- Top off with extra (1/2) Mozzarella Cheese and Parmesan Cheese.
- Cover dish with foil and cook in oven for 45 minutes. Take out and throw away foil – put back in oven for 10 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes then serve!